Business Development Manager (BDM)
About the role
Aqueous Digital is an award-winning, family-run digital marketing agency based in Cheshire.
We specialise in organic and paid internet search, website content strategy and reputation management.
Founded in 2011, we set out with a clear vision to provide a different type of digital marketing service: a service based entirely on trust, loyalty, and collaboration (TLC).
Now in our tenth year, those core values are as central to our ethos as they have ever been. We stand by our caring, down-to-earth, ethical approach to business, but this does not just apply to our customers, we carry this through to how we treat our employees too.
We recently won the Best Small Integrated Search Agency at the prestigious UK Search Awards 2020 and have also been shortlisted in a similar category in the European Search Awards 2021.
As a rapidly growing agency, we are looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM), to take our business to the next level.
Based in the North West, you will be primarily responsible for selling Digital Marketing, Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and PPC Management services (GoogleAds) to new business and helping us grow our customer base. As well as this, the successful candidate will also be responsible for overseeing progress on customer accounts, maintaining customer satisfaction, finding solutions to any concerns presented by our customers and proactively looking out for the customer’s best interests.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for being creative, self-motivated, sales driven and quick to think outside the box.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a growing Digital Marketing company which offers opportunities to learn and develop personally in a genuinely happy, lively and driven working environment.
The Business Development Manager will be a main customer-facing representative of Aqueous Digital.
The ideal candidate must be able to:
- Drive new business sales through new customers
- Convert enquiries received from our website, email marketing or existing telemarking support
- Generate new leads by making cold calls, attending networking/trade shows/events; calling on inactive accounts and existing accounts to identify key areas for improvement for customers
- Conduct an analysis of each prospect to understand the client’s needs and develop the ideal solution
- Build relationships through excellent customer services skills driving customer satisfaction and retention
- Work well with the Aqueous Digital team to ensure consistent delivery of excellent customer service
- Responsible for new business sales opportunities. Sales include SEO, Social Media, PPC and Reputation Management
- Manage sales to new customers and be accountable for the growth of the customers you acquire
- Maintain an active pipeline of potential prospects. Build relationships with key employees of prospective businesses
- Responsible for all administrative tasks required for managing customers. Close the sales and prepare and execute proposals.
- Schedule, organise, and prioritise work to meet both customer and company goals and deadlines
- Responsible for driving sales results and meeting sales targets / expectations
- Position may include other duties as determined by the company
3-5 years sales experience preferred in a new business role. Candidates from all sales backgrounds are welcome, ideally you’ll have experience in a similar role within Digital Marketing which demands that the customers’ needs are put first. Good IT skills, teamwork and the motivation to be successful and target driven are essential.
The ability to execute sales tactics, implement marketing strategies and deliver effective sales presentations with passion, and consistently ask for the business.
£30k per annum (+ £12k on-target bonus)
Competitive benefits package including:
- Holiday allowance (25 days per year)
- Travel allowances
- Flexible Working and Work Life Balance options
- Employer Assistance Programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Ability to occasionally work from home
- Strong Corporate Social Responsibility and charitable support policy
- We are a Living Wage Employee
- Personal skill development and individual training plan (See the skills and training section of our website for full details)
The primary location for this role is Runcorn, however there will be travel involved in this role to meet the needs of our business and our customers.
Required licence or certification
Driving License required
How to apply
Please send your CV with a cover email to Ian Bold, Sales Director, before the extended closing deadline of midnight Friday 29 April 2021
Telephone enquiries: 01928 566777
STRICTLY NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES PLEASE